Department of Radio diagnosis and Imaging
Services & Procedures
- Computerized Radiography (Digital X-rays): Specialized procedures like Barium Studies, IVU, Cysto-Urethrograms, Angiograms, Sialograms, etc. are carried out at the Radio Diagnosis Department.
- Ultrasound: A device that uses high frequency sound waves to create an image of some part of the body, such as the stomach, liver, kidneys, heart, tendons, muscles, joints and blood vessels.
- Colour Doppler: A Doppler ultrasound test uses reflected sound waves to monitor flow of blood through a blood vessel. It helps in evaluation of blood flow through major arteries and veins.
- Computerized Tomography (CT scan): A special high end x-ray based machine, that combines three-dimensional images of the internal organs and structures of the body.
- Interventional Radiology: Sub-specialty of radiology which utilizes minimally-invasive image guided techniques to diagnose and treat diseases in any part of the body.