Department of Minimal Invasive Surgery & Bariatric Surgery
Conditions & Treatments
- Symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease can include
- Sore throat, pain while swallowing
- Chest pain
- Persistent coughing
Below are the treatment options available for Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease:
- LAP. FUNDOPLICATION: During Fundoplication surgery, the upper curve of the stomach (the fundus) is wrapped around the esophagus and sewn into place so that the lower portion of the esophagus passes through a small tunnel of stomach muscle. This surgery strengthens the valve between the esophagus and stomach (lower esophageal sphincter), which stops acid from backing up into the esophagus that easily. This allows the esophagus to heal.
- This procedure can be done through the abdomen.
- Symptoms of Haemorroids:
- Bleeding per Rectum
- Difficulty in passing stool
- Something is coming while passing stool
Below are the treatment options available for Hemorrhoid:
- Surgery: For large internal hemorrhoids or extremely uncomfortable external hemorrhoids, surgery is required. Latest procedure for the same is Stapler Haemorrodectomy.
- Symptoms of a hernia can include
- Obvious swelling under skin, abdomen or groin
- Heavy feeling in abdomen
- Constipation or blood in the stool
- Discomfort in the abdomen or groin while bending over and lifting
The standard treatment is conventional hernia-repair surgery called Hernioplasty using mesh can be done (open/ laprascopic).