Department of Cardiology and Cardiothoracic Surgery
Services & Procedures
Non-invasive Cardiology focuses on the diagnosis and treatment of heart diseases, using external tests—instead of instruments inserted into the body—to evaluate and treat cardiac disorders. A person with a history of heart disease, chest pain with unknown cause or valvular heart disease may be referred for non-invasive evaluation.
- Treadmill Stress ECG (TMT)
- Holter Monitoring
- Ambulatory Blood Pressure Monitoring
- 2D & 3D Echocardiography
- Color Doppler
- Stress Echo
- Transesophageal Echocardiography
Interventional Cardiology deals specifically with the catheter based treatment of structural heart diseases. It is minimally invasive and is used to treat cardiovascular diseases such as angina and coronary heart disease by inserting catheters (tubes) into an artery and opening up arteries that have become blocked.
- Coronary Angiography and Cardiac Catheterization
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention Angioplasty (PTCA)
- Pressure Wire Assessment
- Rotational Atherectemy (Rotablation)
- Electrophysiological studies and Radiofrequency Ablation
- Permanent & temporary Pacemaker Implantation
- Implantable Cardiac Defibrillator ( ICD) Implantation
- Balloon Valvotomy
- ASD/VSD/PDA Device Closure
Cardiac Surgery deals with treatment of advanced and chronic heart conditions, where surgical intervention is the best option. It Includes coronary artery bypass grafting and correction of congenital heart diseases. It also the repair and replacement of valves in valvular heart disease due to various causes including rheumatic heart disease, ischaemia and endocarditis.
- Heart Bypass Surgery (CABG)
- Minimally Invasive Bypass Surgeries
- Valve Replacement/Repair Surgery
- Corrective Congenital Heart Disease Surgery
Our fully equipped CTVS ICU & CCU offers best in-patient care to post surgery & critical patients. It is staffed with expert nurses and healthcare practitioners. Utilizing superior technology and evidence-based practice, our team works hand in hand with Cardiothoracic Surgeons & Cardiologists to provide safe, quality, compassionate and quality care that helps patients recover from serious cardiac conditions.
For cardiac patients who do not need intensive care – but still require closer observation, QRG Healthcity offers High Dependency Unit (HDU). This area is staffed by nurses who have undergone special education and training in post open heart surgery and post interventional patient care.
The diagnostic cardiology at QRG Central Hospital is par excellence. Supported by the most sophisticated technology, used by the best hospitals worldwide, the diagnostic centre at QRG Central Hospital is equipped to identify any disorder or abnormality with precise details.
With our changing lifestyle and increased stress in our day to day lives, our health and specially our heart are at great risk. Cardio Care at QRG Central Hospital offers diagnostics and support to prevent or detect heart disease at an early stage. The department conducts risk stratification with the help of cardiac evaluation; blood investigations and newer tests.
Cardio Care is recommended for:
- Primary prevention – Those individuals who have risk factors such as smoking/ hypertension/ diabetes etc.
- Secondary prevention – For individuals with known heart disease who need aggressive medical management and guidance to prevent recurrence of disease.
- Tertiary prevention – Rehab programme post CABG & interventional patients with emphasis on exercise & proper diet.
Cardiac Rehabilitation is a medically supervised program for people diagnosed with heart disease or recovering from a heart surgery or angioplasty. This program is to help heart patients recover quickly and improve their overall physical, mental and social functioning.
- CT Coronary Angiography
- Cardiac MRI